We are in the process of replacing all of our old 802.11b gear with
802.11g AP/CPE running on 10mhz channels.    802.11g on 10mhz channels
is a great solution, as it takes up less spectrum, has more interference
resistance and delivers about 2x the speeds of standard 802.11b.    In
my experience, it has made it possible for us to double up the capacity
on our access points and offer 2-4meg speeds to our customers on those APs.

I use StarOS for APs, and Tranzeo, Ubiquiti, Mikrotik and StarOS CPE
radios.    Working great for me so far.

Matt Larsen
vistabeam.com