I built one of the very first Canopy networks back in 2002.  Joe
Schneider even sat at my desk and helped configure the first
cluster.  We even helped them iron out some problems with the early
CMM.  Ken Magro was near the top of my speed dial list.

The only serious competition at the time was Alvarion frequency
hoppers.  The system worked well except over water paths, where we
had scintillation, where water towers were near the path; in other
words, wherever there were multi path issues it didn't work well.

My only point is that in Urban areas, Canopy is a good choice if
there is a lot of contention for spectrum and you need to win.  If
you are in a rural setting, with longer distances with path obstacles
and multi path, OFDM modulation just works better, and it's cheaper.

Apples and oranges troops!  Neither is better than the other, and
there is a solution that will solve most of your engineering problems.