They had congestion problems back prior to 2005 from what I hear due
to crazy overselling.

Three years ago we had a horrid time with their local POP dropping off
the net every other week. I would have to call them and tell them
their POP was paritioned because I only saw routes from their other
local customers.

About two years ago they upgraded the pop from a cisco GSR with some
gig fiber leased from a local isp to a 7609/RSP720 running 10gigE on
dark fiber from mccleod. Since then they have been amazing. Now they
call us if there is a outage or our BGP drops.

On 10/21/09, Bret Clark <bcl...@spectraaccess.com> wrote:
> I always hear about Cogent having a bad rap, but where does that come
> from? I can't say that one bit! They've worked great for us and during
> the initial install clearly went above and beyond the call of duty when
> we encountered a problem even waking a VP up at 1AM on a Sunday morning
> because we need to have the circuit up and running by first thing
> Monday!
>
> When I have add to call their tech support up about questions that
> actually understand what BGP is and how it works!
> Bret
>

> On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 11:58 -0500, Jon Auer wrote:
>
>> Cogent has a bad rap but they have been solid for us for the past
>> year. Prior to that they had a few hickups. Their peering is pretty
>> good. Low latency to all major content sites.
>>
>> Level3 seems to have more outages than a provider of their reputation
>> should.
>>
>> Savvis is has poor peering from what I hear.
>>
>> I'd like to add Abovenet or Global crossing to my mix.
>>
>> On 10/21/09, Marco Coelho <coelh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I'm a GigE circuit to the mix, and I've got a choice of:
>> >
>> > Abovenet
>> > Cogent
>> > Global Crossing
>> > Level3
>> > Savvis
>> >
>> > I'm looking for recommendations of who the better upstream is.
>> >
>> > Marco
>> >

>> > --
>> > Marco C. Coelho
>> > Argon Technologies Inc.