Cogent can be ok, but they are not equal to AboveNET, XO, AT&T, Level3
etc...  We have multiple upstream GigE feeds and Cogent is one of them.

It took us months to get Cogent to resolve a flapping switch or router
within their network.  After a couple dozen screenshots and trace routes
from various looking glass sites they finally conceded.  Granted the outages
were only between 5 and 60 seconds long when they occurred and rarely were
long enough to break BGP sessions, but they were hell on VoIP!

It took us less than a day to find the specific Cogent IP or device where
the problem was occurring, but months before Cogent acted on the information
we provided them.  Cogent Support honestly wasn't that bad, but said their
hands were tied until management further up the chain completed their
investigation.  During that time we had to route voice traffic around Cogent
as best we could.

Cogent is great as a cheap third or fourth GigE upstream, but never a sole
or primary Internet feed, IMO.  While Cogent goes about their BGP peering a
little different than most, I do agree their BGP Support is equal to anyone
else's we've worked with.

Best,

Brad