From: "Joe Miller" <joe.mil...@dslbyair.com>
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 10:18 AM
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: [WISPA] Netflix, Hula starting to creat issues with network.

Has anyone experienced this yet? From doing research I've found that even
Blue-Ray machines have Netflix software on them. I've been getting some
calls lately regarding slow Internet at certain times of the day. I've
researched what ports Netflix and Hula are using but cannot pin down what
ports are being used. If Netflix is using Mpeg 4, then that is using close
to 1.5 meg of continued streaming.

How does one combat this type of traffic? I have a 20 meg metro E curcuit
in place but if I have 1 or 2 customers on a single AP doing streaming,
then the other 20 or so customers are calling and complaining about the
slow Internet speeds.

Regards,

----