Been discussed before on the list. Basic break down. Netflix exists on pc, mac,
xbox, many blue-ray players, some new tv's even and soon also on ps3 and
possible even Wii.
Standard content from netflix consumes around 2Mbit while their hd can eat up
3-3.5Mbit this is average throughput speeds and they use a buffering technique
that causes it to consume as much as it can it seems (well at least 5-6mbit for
a period then nothing for a shorter period depending on the device buffering
capability).

What to do about it well from my assumption of things where you have 2 clients
that causes slowness on a 20Mbit pipe your not bandwidth shaping them at all.
That would. Be the first step to prevent them to use all available bandwidth.
Second I would allow bursting to higher speed but limit long term downloads. In
my experience netflix on a blueray player at least will burst for about
20-30sec then do nothing for 10-15sec (I do assume that with higher bandwidth
available to it the burst period would be shorter in my testing and usage I
only have about 5Mbit available to me.
So the bursting needs to be setup in a manner that takes this into account
(probably look at a 90-120 second average).
Thirdly ensure you have enough throughput capabilities on your network to allow
someone to view netflix because you cannot change the bandwidth requirement to
do netflix. One thing here is Netflix senses the throughput capabilities and
have numerous quality levels of their video feed that requires lower throughput
but if there is available enough for full hd quality as they call it, it will
eat up about 3-3.5Mbps 5min average. Speeds lower then about 500kbps makes
their lowest quality format need to stop and buffer.

/Eje