Actually, that is not what Rick was suggesting as I understood it. At
one level he's saying he should be able to charge the company who is
NOT in his service territory for responding to a customer enquiry
(looking at a web page, downloading a movie).

Your cell company charges *you* for your minutes, not the person
you're calling. The person you're calling might, or might not, be
charged for your call, but your cell company cannot charge them unless
it's the same cell company.

Rick's other argument (in parenthesis) was that we should charge the
local ISP that hosts the business (say Netflix). Though that might be
possible I'd sure hate to start getting bills from Verizon because one
of my customers hosts a web site that is popular with Verizon
customers. I don't see anything good coming out of that ;-).

Chuck

On Nov 7, 2009, at 2:25 PM, Gary Garrett wrote:

> You sound like the cell phone company.
> I am convinced the big failure in my business model is I charge by the
> month while the cellular guys charge by the minute.

--------------
Chuck Bartosch
Clarity Connect, Inc.
200 Pleasant Grove Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 257-8268

"When the stars threw down their spears,
and water'd heaven with their tears,
Did He smile, His work to see?
Did He who made the Lamb make thee?"

 From William Blake's Tiger!, Tiger!