Okay, so did you fall in the same trap as I did?  Order some REALLY cheap
pigtails and connectors from unknown China outfit and hoped for the best?

I got lots of pigtails with only one end, man!

-----Original Message-----
From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of MDK
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 2:36 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Times Microwave EZ connectors

I've observed that myself.

However, nothing works when the connectors themselves fail.

So far, I've had multiple "cheap" connectors break, or pre-built cables come

apart, where there was apparently little to no physical strength to the end.

Just a short length of cable hanging off the antenna (about 2 feet) pulled
it apart, and it lasted all of 5 months from install.    The 400 size cable
was supported by cable clamps which were screwed in place, but the little
tail that hung out to the antenna, the approximate amount needed to have a
nice bend between the pole and the antenna (mounted on a universal mount)
slowly pulled itself apart.

So far, I've had one Times EZ physically fail (broken in two) from the
persistent wiggle of the all the wind we've had - but it's near 6 years old.

The box is attached to the pole, and there's about 24 inches between the
bulkhead connector and the first cable clamp, where we had a nice easy bend
and a "drip loop".

Other wind damage has been a hand tightened (inside a building) N connector
backing clear out, screws attaching a board back out and allowing the spacer

to fall out and the board moved back and shorted against the steel box,  a
seemingly failed mini-itx board that kept rebooting or shutting off from the

shaking of the box attached to a telephone pole.    Assorted connectors and
wire snapping off due to persistent slight wiggles when the building shakes.

I had a CF card come off a WRAP board, apparently due to the persistent
shaking of the wind - seen that 3 or 4 times, actually.   In one case, it
broke the board from the harsh pounding it got from being up on a guyed pole

(didn't come down).

We've seen so much wind this year, it's near insane.

As I write this,  there's apparently a very widespread power outage,  much
of a nearby town and the area I serve in the mountains has scattered outages

too.    It's scattered across 3 different power companies and most of the
town has "closed" on the doors and nobody there.

We're up, though I had to restore power after my backup ran dead this
morning.

I'm SO tired of this wind...