This is going to sound like a Huber+Suhner commercial.

1. Waterproof connectors
At 11:41 PM +0000 11/19/09, lakel...@gbcx.net wrote:
>No 400 connector from any of the manufacturers is weatherproof by itself.  You
>need to weatherproof all of your connections. If they are not getting wet you
>are lucky. Plain and simple.

True for most low end connectors. However, H+S makes connectors with integrated
o-rings that are IP68/NEMA-6 rated. That means they have to pass a water
submersion test. I have used the product with success. They are probably more
expensive than most WISP's can afford, but you get what you pay for. I don't
know if they have one that would work for LMR-400 cable.

They also make hermetically sealed connectors.

http://www.hubersuhnerinc.com/co-ca-us/mozilla/us-news.htm?org=4F0184A3DC3E6840&newsid=D05AABE63966F25E&itemstate=2&back=ECC6CA06810995BD1581FAC18CAA4AFB

2. adhesive shrink tubing
At 4:42 PM -0700 11/19/09, AJ wrote:
>CANUSA adhesive shrink tubing is your friend :)

Adhesive shrink tubing probably won't pass IP68, but that doesn't mean it won't
help.

3. There is better cable out there than LMR-400. Again H+S makes one that is
quite a bit better, especially at 5.8 GHz, and not too expensive.

Contact me off list if you need pointers. Having said that I suspect that H+S
doesn't want to sell directly to WISPs but rather to large customers and
distributors.

Best,

leb

l...@iridescent.org