You're not wrong, Rick.   But we live in a land with so incredibly much
wealth, privilege, and opportunity, that there's actually very little that
politicians can actually DO.   There's so little wrong to "correct" that
everything they can make a noise about, they blow into a "crisis", when it's
no crisis at all.    We've allowed them to blow up every minor issue into
some kind of crisis, to make people with wealth beyond imagining for much of
the world's population,  think that they're somehow helpless "victims" of
this land of wealth and ease.    And we've been so gullible in letting them
control more and more, we HAVE almost ruined our country.

Go watch some video of Haiti, find pictures of what's happened there... And
I do not in any way believe you can come back and tell me we have ANY crisis
in this country.   We have difficulties, rather MINOR ones by comparison at
that, here, but there is no crisis of any kind.

Watch this:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/3972193/haitians-helping-haitians?playlist_id=87249

THESE people have a crisis, and darnit, they're putting US to shame with
their optimism, can-do attitude, and willingness to pull together in and of
themselves, rather than depend on their government.

Dangit, I have LIVED far beyond the end of the power lines, where there was
no phone, and "running" water was when you ran and got it, and our house was
3 rooms and a path.   And I don't consider that time of my life to be
deprived of anything, nor was I disadvantaged, even though it was some of my
grade school years.   Is "internet" or "broadband" or a lack of it a big
factor?   Heck no.   It is a FACTOR, and we should work towards improving
things.

WE collectively NEED handouts from the taxpayers?   Like hell we do.   All
we need is some guts and a willingness to actually risk a bit for what we
actually believe in.    We already have a hell of a lot, all that's really
lacking is our own individual initiative, courage, and willingness to do
something.    I point no fingers here at anyone else,  I have been quite
proficient in my own faults, as far as that's concerned.   But someone's got
to say it.    We gotta learn to stop making excuses and just go out and do.