You guys should know that the 802.11 radios I have worked with can have built
in attenuators, sometimes more than one, that can get switched on and off based
on RX power level sensed in hardware. How many and at what levels the
attenuators kick in varies from card to card and vendor to vendor. ODMs have
the ability to change this part of the design. If implemented properly, which
may not always be the case, the built in attenuators should prevent most RX
overload.

To make it even more complicated there can also be LNAs that can switched on or
off.

I mention all this because if your mental model of how the card works assumes
that everything is linear, it could be wrong.

Best,

leb

l...@iridescent.org