From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Kristian Hoffmann
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 6:34 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Looking for DragonWave Air-Pair cables and feedback...

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 12:32 -0600, Brad Belton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We've inherited a DragonWave Air-Pair radio set and I'm looking for any
> feedback from those that have deployed these.  The good, bad and ugly.

We have a few Horizon Compact links.  They've done very well except for
when we get weird high/low pressure systems that result in a layer of
fog in our valley that sits at about ~150ft.  The DW engineer called the
effect ducting.  We enabled AAM in an attempt to counter the affects,
but the AAM code was apparently buggy in the version we had.  So instead
of stabilizing the link, it made it much, much worse.  So make sure you
get the latest firmware if you can.

> We'll probably need new cable sets for each end as well, so to any
> DragonWave vendors on the list please feel free to send me an email with
> prices on cable length options.

The Horizon Compact units have unfriendly ethernet connectors as well.
Something along the lines of this...

http://www.connecticc.com/default.aspx?page=item%
20detail&itemcode=JTRJ45-12NXL

> I sure hope their new Horizon radios don't require these BS proprietary
> cables like the Air-Pair radios.  What a pain in the tail...

-Kristian

----