From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Randy Cosby
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:36 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Looking for DragonWave Air-Pair cables and feedback...

We don't have it up yet (another long story - but we won't buy another
used Dragonwave on Ebay), but they will be pretty short runs.   I would
think you should be able to get up to 300ft without a problem.

Randy

On 2/16/2010 12:33 PM, Brad Belton wrote:
> Hello Randy,
>
> Ha!  Very interesting.  How long were your Ethernet cable runs on each
side
> of the link?  At what power level do you have the radios set to?
>
> Another idea we had was to run the LMR400 cable from the ODU all the way
> inside to the outdoor designed IDU.  This would limit the length of the
> proprietary cables to a minimum.  The question I have if we do this is:
> Will the outdoor IDU be able to power&  operate the ODU over the 50'-200'
of
> LMR400 we may need rather than the 3'-4' of LMR400 it was intended to do?
>
> Thanks for the feedback!
>
> Best,
>

> Brad

Randy Cosby
Vice President
InfoWest, Inc

435-674-0165 x 2010

http://www.infowest.com/

"Letting off steam always produces more heat than light." - Neal A. Maxwell

----