Jason Wallace wrote:
> Does anyone know anything about a company named Data Site Consortium?
>
> Someone named Debra Dupée is calling and asking for information about my
> company that has to do with the "Federal Broadband Mapping Program"
>
> She said she got my information from FCC Form 477!  And is working with
> all ISPs in Arizona.
>
> 1.  Doesn't this mean that the FCC broke it's word about the
> non-disclosure part of 477, since Data Site Consortium is a privately
> owned company?

I strongly doubt that. The feds tend to take the law pretty seriously.
Disclosure that isn't in accordance with written agreements would almost
certainly be a federal offense. I'm not a lawyer, but everything I have
read says that the feds are pretty compliant.

This person probably is on various e-mail lists (maybe even on this
one), and/or has access to various business registration databases (I
presume you are registered with your city/county/state and the federal
government or some combination thereof?)

> 2.  Do I have to reply to their demands?
>
> Worst of all, I got a message on my cell yesterday that said (and I quote):
> "We will escalate this up to the State Level and then to the Federal
> level if we don't hear from you."

I would contact your local FBI office. This seems quite suspicious. It
could even be considered a threat. The feds really don't like it when
people try to use them as an intimidation element.

> The email addresses she provides aren't even branded:
> azbroadb...@gmail.com
> ddu...@cox.net

Quite fraudulent.

> Is she legit?  Anyone?  Shouldn't they have to provide proof of who they
> are or a warrant or something before I have to provide info?

Absolutely. What info is this person asking for? When was it asked for?
Did you record the phone number? Make sure to have all info in line
before going to the FBI.

> Jason

- --
Charles N Wyble