On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 10:46:58AM -0700, Jason Wallace wrote:
> Does anyone know anything about a company named Data Site Consortium?
>
> Someone named Debra Dupée is calling and asking for information about my
> company that has to do with the "Federal Broadband Mapping Program"

I'm not aware of such a company. I have seen lists of companies with regard to
477, but
not the actual data. So if she got contact info, that's probably publicly
available
information.

> She said she got my information from FCC Form 477!  And is working with
> all ISPs in Arizona.
>
> 1.  Doesn't this mean that the FCC broke it's word about the
> non-disclosure part of 477, since Data Site Consortium is a privately
> owned company?
>
> 2.  Do I have to reply to their demands?
>
> Worst of all, I got a message on my cell yesterday that said (and I quote):
> "We will escalate this up to the State Level and then to the Federal
> level if we don't hear from you."
>
> The email addresses she provides aren't even branded:
> azbroadb...@gmail.com
> ddu...@cox.net
>
> Is she legit?  Anyone?  Shouldn't they have to provide proof of who they
> are or a warrant or something before I have to provide info?
>
> Jason

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/