We have a setup for this. I use a "carpc"
http://www.mini-box.com The VoomPC-2-Car-PC is the one we use currently.
Put debian linux on it, with a davis weather station and usb link. Then I
have a perl script that collects data from the weather station, and have
SNMP running to gather other data from each site. Has Cacti running on them
for data collection and well as syslog. Each "carpc" has an 80 gig HD and
gig of ram.I have a few that have 802.11 cards or USB sticks on them for
some basic stuff like freq monitoring etc.. All done with linux.. Best of
all its 12 volt and these work well in harsher environments.

Thanks
Ryan

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Matt Liotta <mlio...@r337.com> wrote:

> This makes me think about a cool product someone needs to produce. Some
> sort of device that could be deployed at a wireless colocation site that
> would simply listen on a variety of bands and collect weather information.
> The device would make all this data available via some reasonable API;
> possibly SNMP. Then a monitoring system to collect this data and graph it
> historically. This would allow the operator to have a much better view of
> the environment for which their network is operating in.
>
> -Matt
>
> On Apr 9, 2010, at 10:00 AM, John Scrivner wrote:
>
> > I am not a huge UBNT fan but I might be persuaded to buy one of these for
> > each tower to setup as a remote Spectrum Analyzer for each tower
> location.
> > How much do these radios run and who sells them on here?
> > Scriv

Ryan Ghering
Network Operations - Plains.Net
Office: 970-848-0475 - Cell: 970-630-1879