I don¹t think it¹s a IS vs. Cisco vs. whatever sort of thing.  It¹s
someone trying to understand why the same card is much more expensive OEM.
Maybe there is something different about it.  The geeks out there have
inquiring minds.  Otherwise they would not have taken the time to find out
it is the same card.  Maybe hardware wise it is, but has special firmware.
Maybe not.  Maybe it¹s simply a ³because we can² sort of thing.  I am sure
R&D went into selecting the perfect card so those costs have to be factored
in.

    You have to remember the audience.  Many are geeks who want to
understand why the hardware they are considering is the way it is.   A good
network geek asks questions for several reasons:

    1.Many managers are not idiots.  They will question why they should buy
something (in this case a card) from a company when they can get it for X
amount of dollars from somewhere else.  They might have a hard time
swallowing the argument ³Because the manufacturer says so² even if it is the
correct answer.

    2.A good network admin will understand the parts of devices which ensure
their network is running.

    Nothing reflecting on Imagestream at all from what I read.  The geeks
just have inquiring minds.

    Justin
--
Justin Wilson <j...@mtin.net>