From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Marlon K. Schafer
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 10:36 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] New WISP

That's way more than $400 for a repeater site.

I don't pay monthly rent of most of them either, but it still costs to build

one.

Good water tight box, $200+.

Coax, $1 per foot or so.  $12 each for connectors (unless you buy the cheap
junky ones then it's still $4 to $6 each).

MT 433 AH board, $100ish

XR2 card $100 ish

Pigtail, $15 to $25

Bulkhead connector (NO more untaping connectors just to install a new
radio!!!!) $15 to $25 for the good ones with the o-ring and stainless
construction.

Battery backup $100+

Ethernet switch $50 to $100

Backhaul to the tower, $200+

Any electrical wiring to be done?  $$$

I guess if you use the cheapest of the cheap gear you could get the cost of
a repeater below $800 or $1000 but you'll soon find yourself working a lot
harder than you should to keep it running right.  Been there done that.

As I've said before, 1001 ways to depelt that feline.
Marlon