I do have to tape the outside connections Mike.

But instead of running a pigtail with a bulkhead connector I run an n-f/f
bulkhead connector and n-m pigtials.  Gotta tape up the antenna connection
ONCE.  After that, if you change out the radios etc. and need a different
pigtail just unscrew the pigtail and your golden.

I also run boxes quite a bit bigger than I need.  1'x1'x2" or so.  That way
I've got a lot of room to move things around, use different boards etc.  My
*plan* is to not have to change out the boxes anymore.

One of the nicest things I've found in a long time is the Pac Wireless
pass-through ethernet grip tight.  Not the goofy one that requires a
screwdriver or little kid to release the tab on the connector.  The one that
allows the whole cat5 cable to fit through with the connector already on it.
Very nice design.

 Lastly I've been REALLY happy with the Shireen double insulated cat5 with
no gel.  Instead of a gel it has a paperish wrapping around the wires that
somehow expands and seals things when /if it gets wet.  This cable is a LOT
easier to deal with than the old fashioned grease filled ones!

laters,
marlon