It's all in the install.  UBNT makes quality products.  A poor install can
happen with anything.

From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Mark Nash - Lists
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 11:37 AM
To: fai...@snappydsl.net; WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] UBNT thoughts

Where we have seen a difference in value of equipment is in the
failure/repair rate.  Ours is horrible.  The success or failure of
build-em-yourself radios depends GREATLY on the quality of the
install/installer (we have alot of StarOS, alot of weatherproofing tape,
alot of pigtails, alot of jumpers).

With UBNT, we are hoping to get a good balance between price of CPE and
reduce the chance of carelessness costing us a service call down the road.
For instance, I used Tranzeo for a while (a couple hundred of them -
integrated antenna models), and those CPE either worked or died, but never
had install quality problems.

So, there is value in equipment if it facilitates easy quick installs and
doesn't require a service call later because of a stupid pigtail not being
connected to the radio quite right.