From: Matt <lm7...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 11:04:33 -0500
To: WISPA General List <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Bandwidth Providers; OptiMan

> I am looking for multiple connections to the internet.  We currently
> have AT&T Fiber and IPs.  We want to look at redundancy in terms of
> becoming a BGP peer, and purchasing our own IP addresses.  The ONLY
> other provider in our area is Comcast.  Has anyone worked with them to
> do any BGP peering?

We currently have AT&T fiber at both our headends used to deliver the
Qwest DS'3.  We are in old SBC territory.  AT&T has stated in past we
cannot get FastE and our next step can only be OC3's and the loop
price is a killer on these.  Just talked to our previous ACC/AT&T rep
from back when we only had T1's.  He thought we should be able to get
~FastE if we have fiber and he is going to do some deep digging and
get back to us in a week or so.

Anyone have any inside knowledge why we cannot get FastE or what is it
called OptiMan something if we have fiber?

Matt

----