We have not used Mikrotik for wireless, but are using UBNT for Radios &
Mikrotik for routing ...

While your concerns are valid, we have not seen anything that would
cause us to rethink our setup.  Use good quality shielded outdoor rated
cable, and Grounded Power supplies, with or without surge protectors..
your choice....

As far as performance goes, this is the main reason we are using UBNT M
radios... since we are mainly interested in doing high bandwidth links,
and not necessarily long links or marginal links... 802.11n with MIMO/
2x2 chains is delivering approximately 10 x more tcp throughput when
compared to traditional 802.11 a/b/g.

I would suggest that you spend some time on the ubnt.com forum and
review / share and learn from other's who are actively deploying UBNT
networks, there is great info there, plus the UBNT folks actively
monitor and participate in those Forums. ( I know Mike from UBNT also
monitors the WISPA list).

As far as reliability goes, overall it is an "A" from our side, we have
test links (PTP) running for about 1 year now, only recently we have
started taking on customers (PTMP), and have nothing significant or
negative to report. But then again we are not trying to push things to
their limits either...

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom