LaRoy,

I'm waiting to see how Nstreme (TDMA) v2 compares on the Mikrotik.  So
far it looks very promising, and could give UBNT a run for the money.
UBNT has the price advantage, but not as much configuration-ability nor
can you choose to use cheap or high quality enclosures.

Randy

On 9/3/2010 2:50 PM, Data Technology wrote:
>    I think that several of you are using Ubiquiti AirMax Rocket now
> instead of Mikrotik.
>
> I would like to know how they compare:
>       1. As a point to point link.
>       2. As an access point.
>
> Right now I only use Mikrotik for links and AP's and I use Ubiquiti for cpe.
>
> I am ready to install equipment on a new tower and was thinking about
> Using AirMax Rocket for AP to take avantage of MIMO.  I know Rocket will
> be cheaper but I don't know how they compare to a MT411AH as far as the
> amount of bandwidth and packets they can process.
>
> I am leaning towards  MT on the links and Rocket for AP.
> I am concerned about the plastic cases.  I really like having the boards
> in a metal enclosure so it can be grounded and shielded well.  I know I
> have had problems with lightening popping the ethernet port on the
> Ubiquiti units even when they are grounded.  With MT I can put ethernet
> surge protection in the enclosure.
>
> What are you guys seeing in the real world as the performance and
> reliability of Rockets?
>
> Any do and don'ts would be greatly appreciated here.
>
> Thanks and have a great Labor Day.
>
> LaRoy McCann
> Data Technology

Randy Cosby    | InfoWest, Inc       | www.infowest.com
Vice President | 435-674-0165 x 2010 | facebook.com/infowest