From: Forbes Mercy <forbes.me...@wabroadband.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 01:27:25 -0700
To: WISPA General List <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] I'm pulling Mikrotik

   How my day ended, I really don't mean to slight Mikrotik or it's dealers.
People who route their networks will have a fraction of the problems I have
but I have to admit the excuse of "must be your employees" or " that never
happens" got old about 20 outages ago.  Today I had 8 major outages, 4 of
them we found a bridge or ports erased and the IP displaying 0.0.0.0.  This
was an easy fix, log in and add the bridge and ports then click on the IP
and it came back legitimate again.  Shame we had to make the trip to the
towers to do that.  The other 4 not so easy, they showed the IP correctly
but not in Winbox and they had the MAC address as 00.00.00.00.00, well 12
times, you get it.  Those we had to pull the backhaul and reset it then
reprogram it.  A hellish day but we didn't miss the fact that the UBNT units
never crashed no matter what this crazy bridging issue was.  It was just a
real bad day to be in this business but I appreciate the help that I got
from Mikrotik dealers who really care to help resolve this but are as
equally frustrated as I was, while aging about 3 years in one day.  Like
watching a baby sleep the night is uneventful after a 15 hour work day and
my with my added worry about taking 4 vacation days this weekend.  I wish I
could trust the equipment from overreacting to every damn bit of unfriendly
traffic by shutting down the LAN port or resetting the radio but I can't,
it's my employees problem now but it will certainly take away from the joy
of my time off since I know their attitude is more like, 'let them wait'
then my feeling of 'people down is lost income', employees....

 Forbes

----