  From: Matt Jenkins
  To: WISPA General List
  Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:56 PM
  Subject: Re: [WISPA] 11GHz fade margin

  Why Exalt over Dragonwave or SAF?

  On 09/29/2010 12:49 PM, Marco Coelho wrote:
We're looking at the exalt ExploreAir for these links.  Anyone using
them in 11 GHz?
I'd like some first hand feedback.

Marco

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 2:02 PM, David E. Smith <d...@mvn.net> wrote:
  On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 11:51, Marco Coelho <coelh...@gmail.com> wrote:
    I'm looking at deploying some 11GHz gear.  I would like to do one path
in two 27 Mile Hops.  Using 6' dishes I show a fade margin of 19db.
Is this adequate for 11GHz at that rage?  At 5GHz - 6GHz, I would be
fine with it.

      I have a pair of Trango Apex radios in that band, for a 22-mile link. Four
foot antennas. One side is about 130' AGL, the other is (I think) 250'.
There have been some thermal ducting issues over the last few months - at
least I assume it's thermal ducting. Occasionally, for a minute or two the
link will lose 15-20 points of SNR, and that often pushes the error rate
high enough that the radios temporarily lose modem lock. Almost always
happens just before or after dawn (give or take an hour). It usually fixes
itself within a minute or two, fortunately. Probably qualifies for
four-nines reliability, which is "good enough" for my purposes.
David Smith
MVN.net