Are you using the adaptive modulation feature?

Scott Carullo
Technical Operations
877-804-3001 x102

From: "David E. Smith" <d...@mvn.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:01 PM
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] 11GHz fade margin

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 11:51, Marco Coelho <coelh...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm looking at deploying some 11GHz gear.  I would like to do one path
in two 27 Mile Hops.  Using 6' dishes I show a fade margin of 19db.
Is this adequate for 11GHz at that rage?  At 5GHz - 6GHz, I would be
fine with it.

I have a pair of Trango Apex radios in that band, for a 22-mile link. Four
foot antennas. One side is about 130' AGL, the other is (I think) 250'.

There have been some thermal ducting issues over the last few months - at
least I assume it's thermal ducting. Occasionally, for a minute or two the
link will lose 15-20 points of SNR, and that often pushes the error rate
high enough that the radios temporarily lose modem lock. Almost always
happens just before or after dawn (give or take an hour). It usually fixes
itself within a minute or two, fortunately. Probably qualifies for
four-nines reliability, which is "good enough" for my purposes.

David Smith
MVN.net