Hardware redundancy, wire speed packet forwarding, support for more Interface
types, and more widely tested & stable software.

I'll use a MikroTik, Linux, or BSD box as an aggregation router any day;
terminate some VLANs, act as an MPLS CE, perform QoS marking, and participate
in an OSPF area. Probably nothing more. The level of hardware redundancy &
wire-speed forwarding isn't there for my needs.

If you're just knocking IOS, I realize it isn't the wave of the future. Cisco
does too & has developed IOS XR.

Linux, MikroTik, and I'm sure Vyatta & ImageStream are great platforms. They
compete well with Cisco in some areas...others not so much. Use what's
appropriate.

--
Blake Covarrubias