#1: The hooker doesnt get to keep the $100 because her pimp took 90% of it.
#2: The pimp ends up blowing it on his drug habit.
#3: The drug dealer spends it on the hooker, back to the pimp, now we're
stuck in a endless loop!

Comments:
A) The motel owner had no business stealing the $100 from the rich tourist.
B) Nobody benefits except the pimp and drug dealer so further down goes the
neighborhood and the optimism with it.
C) This is a perfect example of what is wrong with debt.
D) The ends never justify the means.

*If that's how stimulus works, then I want no part of it!

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Chuck Profito <cprof...@cv-access.com>wrote:

> MDK- just for you.  :-}
>
> -----Or
>
> It is a slow day in the small Minnesota town of Marshall, and the streets
> are deserted.  Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is
> living on credit.
>
> A rich tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel,
> lays a $100 bill on the desk and says he wants to inspect the rooms
> upstairs
> before selecting one for the night.
>
> 1. As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs
> next door to pay his debt to the butcher.
>
> 2. The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt
> the pig farmer.
>
> 3. The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his
> supplier, the Farmer's Co-op.
>
> 4. The guy at the Farmer's Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to
> the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to
> offer her "services" on credit.
>
> 5. The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel
> owner.
>
> 6. The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the
> rich
> traveler will not suspect anything.
>
> At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms
> are
> not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves town.
>
> No one produced anything. No one earned anything. However, the whole town
> is
> now out of debt and looks to the future with a lot more optimism.
>
> And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how Stimulus works.

-RickG