Exactly, out-sourcing just means you just pay for it indirectly, plus their profit.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com

On 3/28/2011 5:18 PM, Cameron Crum wrote:
It all costs some way. You pay for administration, hardware, etc, whether you outsource or host it yourself. The time savings for me would be well worth $0.35 per user even in the thousands...may not be for others.

Cameron

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Matt <lm7...@gmail.com <mailto:lm7...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    > Do you have the ability to do multiple domains with the Google
    platform?  We
    > also offer hosting services that need email.

    To do the switch to Gmail I believe you must change all client SMTP
    and POP3 server settings.  Yuk.  Also, depending how many email
    accounts you have $0.35 can really add up especially when in the
    thousands.

    > I would second qmailtoaster if you have to have your own server.
    Personally,

    <mogoo...@gmx.com <mailto:mogoo...@gmx.com>> wrote:

    > http://www.mailenable.com/standard_edition.asp
    >
    > There is a free (as in beer) edition and versions with the
    requirements
    > that you requested.
    >
    > Frank
    >
    > On 3/28/2011 12:53 PM, Patrick D. Nix, Jr wrote:
    >> Since we began in '98 we've been using the same windows based
    email server
    >> MailMax.  Because of some support/productivity issues we are
    investigating
    >> integrating a new box.  The requirements are: webmail, web
    management of
    >> individuals mail accounts (with password reset),
    pop3/smtp/imap, can run on