At 8/2/2011 01:34 PM, Gino Villarini wrote:

>boundary="_000_D26588DB857E2948835D6C7A27C9879E15DBBD68AEROMAIL1aerone_"
>
>Both Radwin and Motorola PTP500 would work well under high
>interference, but if you want to go to a whole diff band, I would
>suggest against a 3 mile 24 ghz link, go with a Radwin 2000 in 3.65
>Ghz .  Its FCC certified for up to 20 mhz, providing a solid 100
>mbps aggregate data rate for well under $7k

If Adam's where I think he is, he is in the exclusion zone of two or
three of those pesky earth stations.  3.65 is unavailable in much of
the country, unless he can wangle the waiver.

A lot of people use 18-23 GHz links of that distance.  The 24 GHz
unlicensed power limit may be a bit low though.  A licensed Ka-band
radio should be fine for 3 miles, unless it is non-diversity mission
critical.  Someone I work with manages a public safety microwave
network around here.  His 18 GHz and 5 GHz links are both impacted by
weather, but not the same weather, so the network overall stays up
even as links fade.

  --
  Fred Goldstein    k1io   fgoldstein "at" ionary.com
  ionary Consulting              http://www.ionary.com/