Keep in mind I am not talking Motorola branded units. I am talking Orthogon branded units which Motorola assured us over and over again would not be an issue once the transfer was complete. But it was.

Maybe the Motorola supplies are different but we just changed one about 5 weeks ago. Dead as a door nail.....

-B-

On 9/27/2011 7:46 PM, Gino Villarini wrote:

We haven't seen those issues, rmas are provided without much questions asked..., never had an issue with PS either, got them on un vented enclosures

Gino A. Villarini

g...@aeronetpr.com <mailto:g...@aeronetpr.com>

Aeronet Wireless Broadband Corp.

787.273.4143

*From:*wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] *On Behalf Of *Bob Moldashel
*Sent:* Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:55 PM
*To:* WISPA General List
*Subject:* Re: [WISPA] LIGOWAVE PTP24-2

Honestly..... Due to repair issues with Motorola we did not even consider them in any of our testing. And now that the product line has changed hands again...... I am glad we didn't.

I know alot of people have had great experience with Motorola. I was sold on the Orthogon line when it first came out and we deployed one of the early versions of their PtP links with great results. Motorola bought them out and we got the run around when it came time to get Orthogon equipment repaired. Still have 3 or 4 radios in the box that need repair.

In addition, the power supplies run very hot. In a years time we probably go through 3-4 power supplies (with 11 links in service).

It might work fine.....I just don't know and don't want to get stuck with something that may become obsolete or not supported...

-B-