This should have nothing to do with AT&T. It sounds like Windstream has incorrectly assumed that you are trying to announce something owned/controlled by AT&T, or did you also ask them to allow your AT&T /24s through as well? If so, you might be able to get them to allow the ARIN /21 before processing the AT&T /24s.

Perhaps forwarding them the results of an ARIN whois showing you fully in control of that prefix could help?

Sorry I couldn't help more than confirming that it doesn't appear that you've set anything up incorrectly with AT&T.