"It's pure hypocrisy to say "you gotta live with the system".   No, you
don't.  You have the freedom to still say "no".   You have the freedom to
NOT take CRP or RUS loans, or look for ways to get USF funding, for
instance. "

You see, we DO agree Mark.  I've not taken any government money.  None.

My familie's farm does, but that's not me, I'm not a share holder in any
way.

The difference between us is that I'm willing to put my time and effort
where my mouth is.  Not just whine about it and through darts at everyone
else.

I helped start WISPA.  I put my own money and thousands (not an exaturation
in any way) of hours of my own time into the effort.  I'm currently involved
with our CALEA, FCC, Disaster and legislative committees.  I've been on the
board of directors twice.  Well three times if you'd like to count the
initial self appointed board instead of just the duely elected ones.

You sit here and won't even join the association.  So you don't know both
sides of the issues.  You only know the final result.  You don't know when
we tell the FBI that what they are asking for in CALEA is either none of
their business or technically/financially impractical.

You've not been to the FCC where we've been able to discuss, freely, our
concerns with rules that exist or are proposed.  It's been those trips that
have resulted in hundreds of new mhz of spectrum that's open for us to use.
We've got more flexibility in certification rules.  We've gotten most of
what we wanted out of the TV whitespaces spectrum.  We've had changes in
laws or proposed laws that went from vastly against us to neutral or for us.

WISPA tried to stop the ARRA.  We told the government that doing nothing
would be better for the country than what they wanted to do.

WISPA told the FCC that the best thing they could do is eliminate USF, not
excpand or change it.

But we also knew that they were not going to listen to us.  So the only
option left was to try to make changes to the programs that either didn't
hurt us or actually helped us.  What effort did you make?

Here's the funny part Mark.  I really shouldn't even bother trying to
explain this to you.  You see, you are a non participant.  You don't join,
you don't vote, you don't help etc.  Because of your non participation you
also don't matter.  You'll forever be stuck, living with whatever the rest
of us can manage to do to make life less painful.  Can we eliminate the
pain?  Nope.  Not today.  But at least we're WORKING to make any changes we
can.

Step up to the plate Mark.  Join WISPA.  Participate.  Be a part of the 20%
of the 80/20 rule.  Not just one of those "victims" of the system.  You
can't change the system from the outside in.  You have to get inside to cut
out the cancer.  Heck, even a faith healer focuses his energy to the inside!
It won't work for him to tell the cancer to go away anymore than it'll work
to just complain about the cancer.  But at least his focus is in the right
place!  He's trying something that won't work, but at least he's working for
a solution.

Work with us for solutions that you want.  Work with us for the least
damage.  Be a part of the solution not just a whiny spectator.

Mark, believe it or not I like you.  We've met eyeball to eyeball.  I know
your heart is in the right place.  We agree with what the end result should
be.

laters,
marlon