Agreed on the Shielded Cat5....

While I am a big fan of UBNT radios, I am not sure about the ToughCable from them...
so far they have had a lot of quality control issues.

There are plenty of other cable mfg who have been making quality outdoor shielded cables
one of such favorite of ours is from Shireen  (www.shireeninc.com)

As for connectors... I am a big fan of EZ Rj45 (Platinum tools) Connectors and crimper.. (even though they are a bit on the expensive side.) Doing a bit of googling you can buy the sheilded connectors for roughly $1 each.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, Fl 33155