Let's take a look at the SR2.  It was poorly designed to have a rf switch
chip that changed between u.fl and mmcx connectors without any type of
surge suppression.  This caused the switch chip to get burned out due to
minimal ESD issues.  The XR2 was released and that component was removed
and a grounding strap was included with every card.  Did they learn from
their mistake and improve upon it? Yes. Kuddos!  But to say that it was
without issues is incorrect.  I've had NSM2's lock up, they connect to the
AP, get stuck at a 1/6 data rate and kill the performance of an AP.  Only
thing that fixes it was to kick the client NSM2 and reboot the device (if
you didn't reboot, it would recur in about 6 hours or so).  Was this fixed
in firmware ? Yes.  Again, Kuddos!

I would bet that you do have lock-ups, but don't notice them as an issue.
 Most of our customers power-cycle everything before calling in as standard
procedure.  That lockup could be unnoticed if that is the case.  It's not
that we're against you Matt, it's just that your statements begin to lack
credibility when they include "I've never had one lock up in 2 years".
 I've been using UBNT devices for the past 6 years and can tell you that if
your case is really true, you are one lucky SOB!

Regards,
Chuck