On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Arthur Stephens
<arthur.steph...@ptera.net> wrote:
> We currently use Ubiquiti radios in bridge mode and assign a ip address to
> the customers router.
> He have heard other wisp are using the Ubiquiti radio as a router.
> Would like feed back why one would do this when it appears customers would
> be double natted when they hook up their routers?
> Or does it not matter from the customer experience?

It matters. NAT 44 or NAT 444 or NAT 4444 are detrimental to
applications that are not just browsing the web, as the user usually
loses UPnP features that a single NAT can provide.

What I liked doing was having the benefits of both by filtering at L2
to only packets going to gateway and to required broadcast addresses
All other junk was filtered by the Ubiquiti radio. No double nat, no
routing. Best of both worlds.

Rubens