On 2/10/2014 9:42 AM, John Thomas wrote:

Interesting statement regarding Cisco.
They sell $3000 per unit mesh equipment whose range would be hurt if power limits were dropped.

John

But I don't think they do stuff with high-gain external antennas.

Peeking through Comments, Ericsson, btw, also supports the lower limits. Again, a big supplier to the CMRS industry, so they probably see WISPs as competitors.

The WiFi Alliance also calls for the stricter gain limit, presumably because they only care about their indoor applications and want to limit competing users of the band. I don't know what companies are in the Alliance.

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On February 10, 2014 6:15:22 AM Fred Goldstein <fgoldst...@ionary.com> wrote:

Blair Davis wrote,

> I just went and read a bunch of the comments on the proceeding...
>
> I didn't read them all, but I didn't find one in favor of the lower antenna gain...
>
> Has anyone else?

Motorola Solutions, makers of $6000 police walkie-talkies, explicitly supports the lower gain limit.

Cisco also supports the lower power rule. They only make local access points, after all, and are buddy-buddy with the Bells.

We should keep that in mind when making our purchase decisions.

--
 Fred R. Goldstein      k1io     fred "at" interisle.net
 Interisle Consulting Group