Locked tote.
We currently haven't been securing it to the ground, hasn't been an
issue yet, but both of my locations are off road on private property.
4x125aH batteries weighs more than a bag of concrete :)

Usually set the battery tote under the solar panel.

Separate box for electronics attached directly to the tower.

Holes drilled individually for the power leads that are the size of the
cable.

2" styrofoam board underneath and on the sides of the battery tote.

Best things I have found to keep pests out is insecticide laced cattle
ear tags for bugs.  Keeping mice out of larger conduit, stuff the ends
with steel wool.