We forward the notice to offending customer and let them know that
uploading and downloading of copyright content is not allowed. Recently
we've been getting more notices and several from the same people. So I've
started suspending the account until they call and acknowledge the notice
we've sent them.
I'm really not trying to be the bittorrent police. However, when someone
downloads 56Gb in three days of torrents and doesn't respond to the emails.
We feel that is a gross waste of network resources and want them to
understand what they are doing.

Adair

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Russ Van Vlack <rvanvl...@freedomnet.com>
wrote:

>  WISPA Colleagues,
>

> We are fighting the neverending battle of dealing with the IP-Echelon
> notices of copyright infringement and need a more firm policy in place.
> Our acceptable use policy and account terms and conditions clearly state
> that these actions are illegal and/or against company policy, however we do
> not have a firm course of action in place in dealing with customers in
> violation.
>

> Would anyone be willing to share what their company policy is in regards
> to these notices?  Especially, if you do anything further than passing the
> notice on to the customer?
>

> Thanks.
>

> --Russell Van Vlack

Adair Winter