I don't have all of the answers, but there are people that do web
page design to make it more intuitive.  Here are some examples:

http://www.creativebloq.com/web-design/5-ways-make-your-web-designs-more-intuitive-91516938

http://www.designforfounders.com/web-app-ux/

I don't know how to do this, but there are consultants that do.  The
functionality of TowerCoverage is there, but the user interface is lacking.

You can complain about people not reading directions or you can make its
easier to read the directions - or make the flow so that they don't even
need to read the directions.  The best sites guide people along with
different pages for different steps - don't put too much information on
each page.

We spend an inordinate amount of time with people that just don't 'get'
what the EUS form wants them to do.  We find that they don't why they need
to move the pin to their location or have no idea what Captcha is.

We could spend the money to have someone write (and maintain) a page to
work with the API, but that's what we pay TowerCoverage for.

The back end is there, now it just needs a better user interface.  Often
the people writing web site backends are not the same people writing the
front end, it's a whole different way of thinking.

We give you the ability to edit the text in the landing page they get to
explain what happens next.  You can also edit the text on the title of the
iframe.  If you’re using the API and have your own form then obviously you
can explain how it works there.  Not much we can do about users that don’t
read the instructions and message text before just hitting back and
resubmitting.

We’re open to suggestions on better ways to do things.

Jim