Easier: just delete them all for that item, and write back the ones that ARE
checked.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of David Shelley
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 3:42 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list witango-talk
Subject: RE: RE: Witango-Talk: updating multiple records

Unchecks aren't that hard. Make a group of hidden input fields called
unCheckList with the id of all the records in the resultset, and a group of
checkboxes called checkedList, also with the id's.

<@rows>
        <input type=hidden name="unCheckList" value=yourIDColumn>
        <input type=hidden name="checkedList" value=yourIDColumn>
</@rows>

Then create an array of all the id's in the unCheckedList that are not in
the checkedList.

<@assign local$unCheckArray <@arg unCheckList type=array>>
<@assign local$checkedArray <@arg checkedList type=array>>
<@assign local$unCheckList <@filter array=local$unCheckArray
expr="!(@@checkedList contains #1)">>

Then use the unCheckList array with an IS IN operator on your update action.

You'll need to check for empty arrays, because Tango still chokes on those.

Dave Shelley