Definately correct, WiTango opens a single connection to the datasource.
However, in the case of some databases (MS SQL, Pervasive SQL) the database
engine will open more than one connection to the data file(s).

In my experience, when WiTango opens that database connection, the database
conection only stays open to the database engine for the duration of the
transaction. Although the datasourcelife timeout is set to 30 mins, this
doesn't use any bandwidth or WiTango server resources unless the database is
currently in a transaction.

When inserting multiple records using a For Loop, this weighs heavily on the
WiTango server and will slow down other users requesting tafs from the
WiTango server. If you can, create a stored procedure on the database end,
and call the procedure in your application. This way, your database engine
handles the load and not the WiTango server.

Rick Sanders