Hi guys,

I have one word for Windows server 2003: UNSTABLE

I've been testing it for several weeks now. first, IIS just stops accepting
requests for some reason? Sometimes the System process just uses 100% CPU
power, and doesn't let up unless I reboot.
I have it set up locally behind my firewall, and Norton corporate Edition
antivirus. There are no viruses on the machine.
It also runs slower than my Windows 2000 advanced server!
My config:
Windows 2003 server
- 2.4 Ghz CPU
- 1GB DDR RAM 333MHZ
- 7200 RPM Maxtor 60GB ATA 133

Windows 2000 Advanced Server:
- 933MHZ CPU
- 750MB DIMM RAM 133MHZ
- 7200 RPM Maxtor 40GB ATA 100

My advice: Stick with 2000 server for the time being. It's funny, I can do
less with more!

Rick Sanders

Good question Steve,

I have Windows 2003 Server setup and running just for testing some .NET
applications I've been working on, but haven't actually gotten around to
trying Witango on it yet.

It's on a separate boot partition for my Development Server right now and
can't boot it up at the moment because I'm doing some old fashioned Tango
2000 work tonight - otherwise I would give the installer a quick try.

I hope your customer isn't hoping to go straight into production, because
Windows 2003 is so new that I think realistically you (and they) need to run
through a serious test phase with it.

I don't think anybody has mentioned 2003 on the List until now, so I don't
know if anybody is using it yet. I would propose a test phase with your
customer, and then do exactly that.

Even if I had to deploy an ASP.NET application tomorrow on Windows 2003
Server (thankfully I don't have to, yet), I would do the same.

I know, not much help, but what the hey, eh. Cheers.....

Scott Cadillac,
Witango.org - http://witango.org
403-281-6090 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
Information for the Witango Developer Community

XML-Extranet - http://xml-extra.net
403-281-6090 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
Well-formed Development (for hire)