From: Rick Sanders [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 12:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Witango-Talk: Tango 2000 for Mac needed

Hey Garth,

The only thing I can say, is that the analogy you should have used is one of
a leased car, rather than a car you own.

We have a license or lease to use the software. If you have a leased car,
you can use it as much as you want, but you cannot sell it because the car
manufacturer owns the car. It's the same as a software license.

Rick Sanders

 - I take exception to not being able to on-sell your software license
 as a business commodity - yes we only have a license to use it and
 don't own the code but even licenses can be made transferable (many
 are), and why shouldn't they be? It is like selling a car to one
 person and them not being able to on-sell it. I know With aren't the
 only ones who follow this policy but I still think it isn't right.

Garth Penglase
Broadband Media
http://bbmedia.com.au
ph: 0500 527 000