I just quickly set up an old WebStar 4 install, cause it allows simple uploading, and it works just fine with Safari.

Safari may be doing something different than most browsers, but from what I have tested, it is within spec. My file uploads have worked in all places I have tried them with Safari, except my witango apps.

If it works everywhere but Witango, I think the onus is on Witango. I am not saying that Witango has a bug, it may or may not, but I think there should be a fix to support upload from Safari, if everyone else does. Apple will not fix an issue that works in other places but not Witango.

Let me know if you do not report it to Witango, and I will.

Robert.