Title: Passing search arguments across links

I have an app that gives web access to pdf documents (policies & procedures).  It includes a search form that allows users to search all of the db fields and list appropriate policies.

I have a completely separate webapp.  I need to add a link within that app that will bring up the p&p app, with specific policies listed.  The policies that need to be listed have matching policy numbers, so the correct listing can be created by putting the proper info in the search form.

I can create a link that will do exactly what I want, like so:

http://ourintranet/PnP/index.taf?_function=list&_type=search&_beg=1&SearchFor=frmidx

The search argument is listed in the link reference (SearchFor=frmidx).

Question:  is there another way to pass this search arg info (and keep it out of the browser address)?  There's not really room to set up a form on the other page, there's barely enough room for a link title.

Thanks for any suggestions!