have you tried in css?

background: url(/images/nicelooking.png);

Ben

On Nov 3, 2006, at 12:15 AM, David Mark Weiss wrote:

on a site I am developing I am wanting to use PNG Graphics as backgroud-image in CSS. The transparency of these images work great allowing me to change background colors on the fly if necessary and they look great. However they don't work using IE6. Perhaps there is a way to use Jpg's and get transparency out of them, that I don't know about.

I have tried a couple of things I found on the web, but still no joy.

http://www.utexas.edu/learn/graphics/pngbehavior.html is one of them.

Since I am sure many of you have probably run into this before, I am wondering how you got around it and made them work or if that is just a dead horse.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Mark