Hi Robert,

Good point about the price of the Java Compiler. I hadn't realized it was that
much.

As for Microsoft support, if you're not an MSDN subscriber than it can be
confusing. But  being a subscriber is a night and day difference.

But things just work in the .NET world too. In the past 5 years I can count on
one hand the number of times I've had to contact MS for technical support - and
I've still got room to spare.

Not too mention the shear mass of posted articles, code samples, free working
apps, MSDN library, forums and knowledge base help dedicated to ASP.NET, it's
endless. Not unlike PHP I'm sure.

Recently the source code for the .NET framework was made available, if you want
to see how it works. Microsoft is not running it as an open-source project, but
the source is now freely available, which will only strengthen the alternative
options for the framework on other operating systems.

It's all interesting stuff.

Scott,