From: Michael Heth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: January-29-08 2:59 PM
To: witango-talk@witango.com
Subject: Witango-Talk: Re: is witango alive? Tango->Zend/PHP->Amazon S3,
can-do?

I'm laying out the framework for what might be a large site. In doing
the research over the last 618 weeks or so I have come to the
conclusion that I should use Amazon S3 if it is at all possible.

And now with our recent discussion of Tango and PHP I'm wondering if
my wishlist is at all realistic.

It is

create proof of concept in Tango
debug functionality and user interface
port to Zend/PHP with the data store being Amazon S3

Does anyone have any tips/pointers/advice?

Based on all our comments over the last week or so I think this might
also be a good roadmap for anyone contemplating a large installation,
especially one that would involve serving large files and not just a
database installation serving back text into form and web pages.

The cost/admin savings on the S3 seems insurmountable to a small
startup. The costs seem miniscule. I just don't see how it would make
any sense to do anyting else if you were starting from scratch and
would have to either buy or pay for servers/connectivity/admin. But
I'm asking just in case someone out there knows of a gotcha!

Thanks for any info.

M./