To Phil & the team, well done!

It's been a while coming, but hopefully it will be packed full 'o features, and well worth the wait. The pricing is certainly welcome.

Regards,

Jason.

On 11/02/2008, at 11:59 PM, Phil Wade wrote:

WITANGO COMMUNITY UPDATE
------------------------

Th Witango 6 development project is now drawing to a close and in the coming weeks a full public beta of both studio and server will be released. The full release of Witango 6 will be accompanied by significant changes to both pricing and licensing, we therefore take this opportunity to update the community as we move forward.

New Licensing
-------------
Once the beta testing has been completed and version 6 goes into release, the source code for both the server and studio will be open sourced under its own license. Witango will continue to be a commercial product and a license will need to be purchased. There will be 3 editions of the Server:

The Lite edition - no change to current license conditions
The Developer edition - no change to current license conditions.
The Professional edition - single machine license, with no limitation on number of processes or CPUs.

New Pricing
-----------
Witango Studio v6 US$199

Witango Studio upgrade - US$99

Witango Server Lite - Free
Witango Server Developer Edition - Free with studio
Witango Server Professional - US$1499

Witango Server Upgrade from v5.5 - US$999
Witango Server Upgrade from pre v5.5 - US$1299

Those customers who own Witango 5.5 professional edition servers will have the option at the time of upgrade to upgrade their server to two (2) Witango 6 Professional edition licenses for US$1499.

Witango licenses will only be available direct from Witango Technologies and no further discount will apply.

Your Enquiries
A comprehensive outline of new features will be available on release of the beta. We understand many of you will have questions, please direct them off list to [EMAIL PROTECTED] We will compile a FAQ and post back to the list.

It has been a long term goal for Witango Technologies to move Witango to an Open Source product, with simplified and affordable licensing. Witango v6 therefore represents a major milestone for us. We would also take his opportunity to thank our development team who have worked with consistent enthusiasm and considerable effort in preparing the code for open source.

dangerous content by ESVA, and is
believed to be clean.

WITH IMAGINATION
Planning, Implementation and Management of Web Applications

Level 1, 44 Miller Street North Sydney NSW Australia 2060
phone + 612 9929 9229 fax + 612 9460 4770
web - www.wi.com.au email -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]